Benefits of Membership
As a member of SLG you will be part of a long established and dedicated organisation, which is specifically tailored to represent and promote the interests of solicitors and trainees in local government.
The benefits of membership include the ability to take an active approach to policy and legislation through the use of a dedicated knowledge network available to members only. Alongside this you will have access to discussion threads on consultation papers and access to the on-line forum where you can post questions or enter lively debate on the topic of your choosing.
Other benefits of membership include:
- Entitlement to attend all Branch Meetings and Special Interest Groups (SIGs)*.
- Ability to vote and/or stand for office either at branch or NEC level.
- Minutes of meetings and training notes from SIGs.
- Legal Updates.
- A free copy of the quarterly journal ‘Noter Up’.
- Networking opportunities.
- Social Events.
For more details see Welcome to SLG: the benefits of membership*Some SIG’s may charge a nominal administration fee.
Letter from Chair of SLG and President of ACSeS sets out arrangements for transition to the new organisation
The History of Solicitors in Local Government 1947-2012 by John Emms
This one day course is being run in association with LexisNexis on the .....
University of Warwick - the place to be to make a bit of history ...